1. All photos must be taken in Buchanan County, depict Natural Areas, and be taken by amateur photographers from anywhere.
2. Only black & white or color prints 3” x 5” or larger will be accepted. Photos may be enlarged and cropped. Photos are not to be matted or framed.
3. Label the back of each photo to indicate where the picture was taken, the category of the entry, and your name, phone number and address.
4. Each photo must be entered in one of four categories: Landscapes, Wildlife, Plants & Wildflowers, People Enjoying Nature. The category must be printed on the back of each entry.
5. Photos entered in previous years’ contests are not eligible.
6. One $100 prize will be awarded to the overall winner, and a $50 prize will be awarded to the winners in each of the five categories. The contest will be judged by a professional photographer.
7. Entries must be postmarked by September 12 and sent to: Photo Contest, 1883 125th St. Hazleton, IA 50641.
8. No more than six photos per individual may be entered, photos may be entered in any categories.
9. Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you want your photo(s) returned after the contest. Judging is open to the public and you may take images after judging.
10. The Conservation Board reserves the right to make and keep copies of any photo entries.
11. BCCB will display the winning photos as 8X10’s and will have enlargements made for our display of winners. We will ask for the negative or digital image of winning photos if those photos are not submitted as 8x10 entries.