Access to Free Cancer Screenings for Buchanan County Residents
Are you a RESIDENT of Black Hawk, Buchanan, Fayette, Tama or Grundy County? You may qualify for a free colon cancer screening through the BLACK HAWK COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT until MARCH 31, 2015.
To qualify you must:
- Be between the ages of 50-64.
- Live in Black Hawk, Buchanan, Fayette, Tama, or Grundy County.
- Have no insurance, or have a high deductible/co-pay on their insurance.
- Not have Medicaid, Medicare Part B, or Iowa Wellness.
- Meet income guidelines (Household of 2 can make up to $39,325/net pet year).
- Not be experiencing symptoms of colon cancer.
To reduce your risk, you must have regular colon cancer screening. If the Care for Yourself BCCEDP is right for you, local staff will determine if participants are eligible for either a free take home stool test or a colonoscopy. For more information or to enroll in the program, people are encouraged to contact the Iowa Get Screened program at 319-292-2225.
The Iowa Get Screened services are funded by the Iowa Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control. Iowa Get Screened is part of a national program that helps increase screening for colon cancer.