For financial assistance, the following apply:
- Applicant must be a Veteran with an honorable discharge or surviving family member of a Veteran
- Applicants must meet financial guidelines established by the Buchanan County Veterans Affairs Commission and the Board of Supervisors and have applied for all other means of assistance.
- Proof of income for everyone living in the household must be submitted before an application can be considered.
- Applicants must have living in Buchanan County for 30 days prior to application to be considered a resident.
- Assistance may be provided up to three times in a calendar year (Food Pantry referrals do not count towards this number).
- Applicant must be able to provide proof of payment for the remainder of the bill before county payment can be made. County assistance has a maximum amount paid and will typically not pay the entire amount owed.
Eligibility for Federal, State and county benefits/services varies by service/benefit (see Federal Benefits/Other Benefits and Services). Please contact the Buchanan County VA Office for Additional information.