Current Press Releases:
- 10-10-16 - Buchanan County Disaster Recovery Coalition Reactivating
- 10-3-16 - Iowa Insurance Division/Legal Aid
- 9-29-16 - Road and Bridge Openings, Flood Clean Up and Recovery Assistance
- 9-29-16 - Flood Debris Disposal
- 9-27-16 - Damage Assessments Ongoing in Buchanan County
- 9-27-16 - Dealing with Flood Clean Up
- 9-26-16 - Flood Supplies Available in Buchanan County 15:00
- 9-26-16 - Flooding and Disease 15:00
- 9-23-2016 - Wapsipinicon River Flood Prediction 14:30 PM
- 9-23-16 - More Flooding Predicted in Buchanan County - Sand Bagging Information 13:30 PM.
- Flood Clean-up 2016
- Buchanan County Household Hazardous Waste Center: All residents of Buchanan County can use this facility, with no charge to residential customers. An appointment can be made by calling: (319)-334-6312. Click here to learn more.
Recovery: **Updated 9-29-2016**
- Buchanan County Disaster Recovery Brochure
- Buchanan County Disaster Recovery Assistance Application (pdf)
- Download the application, once completed please return to: Buchanan County Community Services 210 5th Ave NE Independence, Iowa 50644 If you have questions, please call Buchanan County Community Services at 319-334-7450.
- State Disaster Assistance Programs
- For 24/7 disaster crisis counseling, call Iowa Concern Hotline at 800-477-1985.
- For the Iowa individual disaster assistance grant program information call toll-free 866-434-4692.
- State of Iowa Individual Assistance Application and InformationState of Iowa Individual Assistance Application and Information
The Iowa Individual Disaster Assistance Grant Program is launched with a governor's declaration and at the request of local officials. This program offers grants to families with incomes at or below twice the federal poverty index. The maximum grant is $5,000.
- Allamakee, Benton, Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Cedar, Chickasaw, Delaware, Floyd, Franklin, Linn and Wright counties have a deadline of November 7, 2016
- The grant application may be download by clicking on Iowa Disaster Assistance Application.
Applications can be turned into the Operation Threshold Office located at: 1827 First Street West, Ste D. Independence, Hours of Operation Monday through Thursday: 8 to 5:30 and Friday 8:00 to Noon.
Flooding and Weather Resources:
- USGS River Gauge Information (Wapsipinicon River Levels at Independence)
- NOAA National Weather Service (Flood Inundation Locations via Google Maps)
- FEMA - Ready.gov - (Emergency Preparedness Tips)