Mental Health and Disability Services of the East Central Region
The MHDS Office provides access to Mental Health and Developmental Disability services for residents of East Central Region consisting of the following counties: Benton, Bremer, Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Iowa, Johnson, Jones and Linn. Staff in the office can assist with locating services and accessing funding sources. For more information on the East Central Region please go to the following page ecriowa.org
ALL residents are eligible for information and referral services through the East Central Region.
To be eligible for additional funding through the East Central Region individuals must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have a diagnosis of mental illness, intellectual disability, developmental disability, or brain injury
- Meet specific income and asset guidelines
- Live in one of the counties listed above
- Have an assessment determining that the services are needed
Services funded include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Outpatient mental health services (therapist, psychiatrist, community support programs, medication management, emergency services)
- Residential services (residential care facilities, group homes, individual homes/apartments)
- Respite Care
- Commitment Cost (Attorney, Sheriff's fee, hospitalization)
- Case Management/Social Work
- Adult Day Care/Day Habilitation
- Employment Services
- Crisis Services
- Application may be obtained on this web site (Application) or at the Community Services Office located at: 210 5th Ave NE, Independence, IA 50644 (319) 334-7450).
- Applications must be returned to the Community Services Office at: 210 5th Ave NE, Independence, IA 50644.
- Individuals will be sent a notice of decision approving funding, denying funding, or requesting additional information.
Sometimes people just need to talk. Whether it's a tough situation that you or someone you know is facing, or a more serious need, IowaHelpLine.org is a free resource to Iowans in Benton, Bremer, Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Iowa, Johnson, Jones and Linn Counties.
Iowa Help Line is just a call, a text or an online chat away for those in need. In many cases, this can help avoid the unnecessary involvement of law enforcement or hospitalization.
A mobile team of professional is also on stand-by if a situation needs face-to-face attention.
Talk 24 hours/day: 1-855-800-1239
For any questions please contact: Julie Davison or Juli Cameron at: (319) 334-7450.